5 clues from page 5 of the Google search…
1. Partial description of an expedition this person participated in–“the team made their first camp below the Khumbu Ice Fall, a steep, rugged, and fast-moving section of the Khumbu Glacier.”
2. Film footage and a radio interview recording of our mystery person, both more than 50 years old, were recently unearthed – the first in a routine clean up at a support company, the second in an Australian deceased estate.
3. His father was a newspaper publisher and a beekeeper.
4. While serving as a navigator in the South Pacific, he was wounded in battle.
5. In 1975, this explorer’s wife and teenage daughter were killed in an airplane crash.
If you think you know the answer then leave a comment!
(I will provide the identity of this week’s explorer next Sunday, along with a new explorer to guess.)